Saturday, January 21, 2017

FLORIDA KITTY

                               5" x 5" Oil on Canvas Board

Day Twenty-one - 30 in 30 Challenge
After allowing myself to become  so intimidated by yesterday's "big cat",  I decided  today's choice would be less stressful.  I  would use a smaller canvas and larger brushes and move away from the beach and palm trees!

Last week we dropped off a donation at the local animal welfare league and I just had to spend a few minutes enjoying the cats on the Kitty Porch.  That was all the inspiration needed to plan a few cat paintings.  I have many photos on file since I'm constantly shooting pics with my phone.

Not sure if this kitty is realistic or whimsical but he  makes me smile!  

2 comments:

  1. A very sweet portrait of this kitten. I love how the light is hitting him and how you can feel the softness of his fur and the gleem in the eyes... Wonderful work Rosemary..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilda - was so much fun painting that one, may paint another one for today's post! Really appreciate your comments!

      Delete