Friday, March 23, 2018

SURPRISE PACKAGE


There is a new painting ready to be photographed and posted but before showing you that one let me  tell you about the "Surprise Package" I received this week.

In the Art of the River post I mentioned the Jack Richeson Art Supply gift certificate award for  $150  for paint or pastels!  http://richesonart.com/    Turning me loose in  the oil paint isle of any store is dangerous to the wallet - but RICHESON - Wow!   This required very careful perusing  the on line  catalog of 70 colors - decisions, decisions!!   I knew I wanted to try the Ice Blue as that had been recommended,  I have a passion for Indian Yellows, enjoy using Golden Ochre for portraits and landscapes...well, could do pages  discussing how I finally chose eight colors and submitted my order.  An email from the company acknowledged receipt and mentioned, "Sometimes we are able to include a little something extra with your shipment".  The email also provided information about the company,  supplies, their school and gallery,  international art competitions they sponsor www.richeson75.com/ and more!  Who knew?

The package arrived - a large box - for 8 tube of paint?  Well, that must have been some careful packaging.  Then, I opened the box!  Oh my Goodness !!   Did they ever "include something extra"!!  Just had to share!    Note there are six Grey Matters brushes - I'm as excited about trying those as trying the new oil colors!!   You counted nine paint tubes?  Yes - they included their new Transparent Marble White!  Thank you Jack Richeson Art!  I'm a happy painter and will enjoy using all the gifts!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I love surprises! Congratulations. Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Jo! This came at a super time as I'm moving into my new stand alone studio this week! Going to be great fun trying out these vibrant colors, brushes and other supplies!!

      Delete
  2. What a great package to open, Rosemary. Trying to select a few from many always presents a problem, in my family we call it 'Mitzism'. We had a dog named Mitzi who could never decide: if you put two dishes of dinner in front of her, she would starve whilst rushing from one to the other; similarly, two balls and she never got to play ball!

    Enjoy your gifts

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, love your story about Mitzi and will remember the "Mitzism"! thanks for sharing that and thanks so much for stopping by! Can't wait to try the new supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, Congratulations!!! Now I look forward to seeing your next painting.. I see lots of Rich colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love new art supplies, I know you’ll put them to good use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barb - getting ready to do that right now! Nothing like new paint and brushes to get the spirit moving!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for letting the DeSoto Arts Council know how much you loved your gift from Richeson! They have supported our events for several years and we are so grateful for their participation. It is gratifying to know our artists are happy too! Now crate more great art with those new paints and brushes. - Susan Hoffman

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a pleasure sharing the Richeson news with the group! Thank you for stopping by! I'm painting today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky, lucky you, I love buying new art stuff, delicious colours and new gizmos! (like a kid in a sweet shop)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diana! Really enjoyed your newsletter! Congrats re the sales!

      Delete
  9. Pretty seection of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that
    I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I'll be subscribing tto your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. Glad you are enjoying the posts.

    ReplyDelete