Sunday, July 24, 2016

JO'S WATERFALL

16" x 20" Oil on Stretched Canvas
 From  Improve My Paintings Website 

Yesterday when pulling out some paintings for varnish, I realized I had never varnished or posted this one painted a couple of years ago in a Johannes Vloothuis on-line workshop! Before the classes with Jo, I was never confident with plein air or even studio landscape painting. I continue to take his paint along classes offered by North Light  whenever time permits. If you go to the website, you will see my sincere testimonial. His book LANDSCAPE PAINTING ESSENTIALS is also available from North Light.

Well, back to this painting. We summer in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Western NC where cool cascading waterfalls seem to appear around every turn, so how could I resist this challenge to “paint along” using the provided reference photo. As a slow painter It was a real effort trying to keep up and complete this piece in just over four hours of instruction! The recording is in my video file and may take another look at it. However, I am  pleased with this painting and am framing it for our wall as there are falls near us offering the same late day glow. Thank you, Jo!

1 comment: