Tuesday, October 23, 2018

HIGH FIVE

                                                     16" x 20" Oil on Stretched Canvas

This portrait was "fun" with a Capital "F"!  Myah is such a delightful little girl!  There is never a
 dull moment when she's around.  The challenge was to capture her glee.  This was done expertly by  Photographer Bill Killillay  Thank you so much, Bill, for sharing your photo!  Having the opportunity to paint Myah meant even more to me since I had painted her lovely mother, Jessica, at approximately the same age Myah is now.
                                                   Jessica (detail)                                                  
HIGH FIVE  was delivered yesterday.  Painted with love for Kim, Glenn, Jessica and Myah.  

4 comments:

  1. Rosemary your portraits are just gorgeous. I just love how you captured Myah's joy. Hope you are having a a beautiful fall day. Hope your home in North Carolina as well as Fla. was not damaged. What terrible storms the south has had this year. My heart goes out to everyone who has lost so much. Take care - Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! Thank you so much for your sweet comments! Our days are beautiful right now but one more storm on the way, WILLA! Should be a rainmaker only as were the last two! So much for getting out of Florida to escape the hurricanes! Ha! We are thankful neither place has had damage. My heart goes out to those who suffered great loss too. It has been horrible this season. You take care as well!

      Delete
  2. WOW!!! Rosemary ..this portrait is absolutely outstanding. I thought it was a photo at first but then I noticed that it was signed. I love how you painted her hair and her amazing expression.... I love her Moms portrait as well....they definitely look alike!!! They will forever treasure this painting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hilda!! Coming from a fabulous portrait artist, you know your comments mean a lot!! It was a pleasure working on this portrait of Myah but those hands really gave me a fit! I'm thrilled Myah's family is pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete