Thursday, March 28, 2019

THE PREACHER'S DAUGHTER

                                                           Oil on Canvas, 15" x 30"

Today was the last day to see the Primavera Art Show at the Visual Art Center in Punta Gorda,
Florida!  I am so far behind posting - but am trying to catch up!  Has been a wonderful season of shows, demos, workshops and festivals almost every weekend.  Gotta love Southwest Florida if you are an artist or an art lover!

THE PREACHER'S DAUGHTER won the coveted Bowles Award for Portrait Excellence at the reception held March 14 at the VAC! Oh My Goodness! Painting portraits feeds my soul and you can not imagine how happy this award has made me!  This little girl won my heart waiting for a sermon to end so she could escape to the out-of-doors. Attempting to capture her anticipation was indeed a challenge. You may have seen her as the model for our 2017 Christmas Card.

1 comment: