Tuesday, September 17, 2019

NOON-NAPPING

                                                         
                                                               24" x 18" Oil on Canvas



Noon-Napping is my  entry in Dick Blick's September  Pet Portrait Competition.  The top prize is $500 in art supplies.  The painting is of Joshua, one of our  German Shepherds and the one that most enjoyed being outside in the sunshine.  Joshua has since crossed the Rainbow Bridge but working on this painting brought him back to me for a little while. 

6 comments:

  1. Rosemary I haven't visited for a while. So glad I didn't miss this post of Joshua. He looks just a bit like my Shelby laying there. What a lovely portrait of such a regal pet. I haven't been able to paint my Sarge because of missing him so much - maybe someday I will find it is possible. Take care - Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie, for the sweet comments. Joshua was so very special in so many ways. I appreciate how you feel about painting Sarge. Our last GS, Jade, has been gone almost three years and it still hurts to much to think about painting her. We talk about and miss her every day.

      Your Sarge was gorgeous and actually he led me to your blog! Shelby is beautiful and no doubt a wonderful pet. Time for me to visit Harmony Hill! Hugs to you too!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous and prize worthy. I like the gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo, thank you so much - don't expect a win but I do enjoy competing especially when there is no entry fee! I must go catch up with your travels. As much as you inspire me to sketch on the i-pad - just can't bring myself to start. I have some apps - but do not have a stylus or pencil. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you will lucky to win it.
    I love dogs and cats. They are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by sofyan Ya-an. I really appreciate your taking the time to wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete