Saturday, May 2, 2020

"Mairzy Doats and Dozy Doats"

                                                  Oil on 6" x 6" Gallery Wrapped Canvas

“Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?”
Milton Drake, Al Hoffman, and Jerry Livingston.

However, JoJo prefers flowers to ivy!  But then, JoJo is no longer a kid and will eat anything she can find!  Goats are amazing animals, they climb, jump, and can be quite entertaining... and just as annoying!  JoJo belongs to  neighbors in Maggie Valley.  Usually our flowers and shrubs are safe and we all enjoy JoJo’s antics.

A fun little painting for sure giving me a break from figurative and portrait work.  You may see JoJo again in a larger piece.  She's a sweetheart.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE JoJo. I have so many reference photos of beautiful goats playing with each other that I took the end of last year. I started a painting of them… I enjoyed adding the texture to their fur. You captured it beautifully, Rosemary!!! More goats please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hilda! I am eager to see your goats! I hadn't realized how curly, swirly the hair is until the painting was underway. It's your turn - lets see your playful kids!

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful and fun. I’m now smiling on this beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jo, thank you. I guess JoJo's name caught your attention - now I'm smiling! Yes - this one was fun and it's a beautiful day here in Port Charlotte too. Keep that smile on your face!

    ReplyDelete